glut fatal error

hallo everybody,
i have written a very simple program using the glut library.i didn’t have any problems until one day after compiling the code without any errors ,when i run the project i see the black window of the compiler and i get the message glut:fatal error d:…\pr.exe(the directory) failed to create OpenGL rendering context.any ideas ?

Hi !

Does any other OpenGL applications work ?

If they do, does any other glut application work ?

If they do, check your code so you don’t do anything stupid, just because an application compiles without errors does not mean that there can’t be anything wrong with it.

Mikael

hallo ,
thanks for the interest.your question is very correct.i also have problems with other gl programs.for example i have problems with some demos,my matlab environment looks corrupted …it looks like i lost some kind of drivers but i reinstalled my graphics card drivers and this didn’t solve anything.if you can help…thanks on advance
i know this might not be a coding problem but you know if somebody can help after all it has to do with opengl :eek: )

Hi !

Did your OpenGL drivers worked ok in that past or is this the first time you try to run opengl apps on that hardware ?

Mikael

dear mikael thanks again,
i have used opengl applications in the past and have made some simple coding in opengl by myself as well under visual c++ 6.0 .i mean everything was working fine until one day my programs stoped working.i get this message “can’t create opengl rendering context”.i think that maybe uninstalling a game or sth like that i made a damage to my graphic drivers.i don’t know .open gl is not like direct x?isn’t there a setup programme?(silly question?).if you can help me i’ll learn some things also!thanks on advance!