PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error R6002?

Zy
05-19-2001, 06:19 PM
Help! I'm writing a 3d file loader and I keep getting this error when I test my program:

runtime error R6002
-floating point not loaded

What does this mean? How can I fix it?

Here is the section of code that I think is causing this error:

typedef struct
{
char Name[16], Author[32], Info[256], *MatName;
float Radius3do;
int maxvert, maxtri, maxmesh, maxmat, *mat_w, *mat_h;
Mesh_t *Mesh;
}Model_t;

Model_t *Model;
Model = (Model_t *) malloc(sizeof(Model_t));

sscanf (readline, "RADIUS %f", &Model->Mesh[jcount].Radius);

[This message has been edited by Zy (edited 05-19-2001).]

Geniuz
05-20-2001, 02:30 AM
Did you allocate memory for Mesh?

Zy
05-20-2001, 08:06 AM
Doesn't Model = (Model_t *) malloc(sizeof(Model_t)); allocate memory for the mesh.

The funny thing is that the whole program works when I leave a bunch of fprintf's (for program feedback) in the program. But when I comment some of them out, I start to get that error R6002 message and the program crashes.

05-20-2001, 08:43 AM
no malloc does not allocate the memory for mesh. It just allocates the memory for a pointer to a mesh. (4 bytes) you have to created a new mesh yourself

Frumpy
05-20-2001, 02:25 PM
As far as R6002 goes I believe your compiler (VC?) optimized out the library (I think).

Try adding a line like this early in the program

float ignoreMe;
ignoreMe = 123.456f;
Any floating point number will do. The presence of a floating point number should force VC to link in the necssary library.
------------------
Technically a pointer is not necessarily 4bytes because it will change depending on the model you've choosen to build with and the platform you're working on.
------------------
From your structure it looks like memory also needs to be allocated for MatName, mat_w and mat_h in addition to Mesh after allocating for Model.
You may want to create a function to do all the allocations and another function just to deallocate all the memory in reverse order to keep the code a little cleaner.

[This message has been edited by Frumpy (edited 05-20-2001).]

Zy
05-20-2001, 06:22 PM
Does this really work?

float ignoreMe;
ignoreMe = 123.456f;

Sounds strange that I have to fool VC++ to use the correct libraries.

As for memory allocation for MatName, mat_w, and mat_h...yes I do allocate memory for these vars further in the code. I didn't list them because I was only getting errors with the Radius part.

Frumpy
05-21-2001, 06:36 AM
A long time ago I did once receive runtime error R6002 while loading data from a text file just as you've done and inserting those two lines of code solved the problem.

You're giving VC a reason to link in the floating point library more than you are fooling VC.