WHERE CAN I GET THE LIBRARIES

I’m going to go insane. Where can I get the libraries for openGL so I can make a program. I’m using Windows 2000 and Dev-C++. I don’t want to have to compileit myself no offence but thats just stupid. Can’t i just download the libraries and the dlls?

You need the header files, get them here:
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/sdk.html

You will also require the libs, and recent drivers from and good manufacturer will have the libraries included, visit NVIDIA, or ATI depending on your card, if you don’t have one of these cards you should probably get one.

Just grab the latest driver and you’ll be ready to compile & run OpenGL apps with the appropriate project settings.

You could grab the SDK from NVIDIA or ATI, but try to use the ARB header at least since it has all the extension tokens etc you might want.

[This message has been edited by dorbie (edited 01-31-2004).]

No you can not just download any librarys, most librarys are written for a set compiler. Though more can convert from one library format to another.

The openGL library’s are shipped with DEV-C, just need to add them to the linker under option.

I have an example of setting up DEV-C++ on my website. www.angelfire.com/linux/nexusone/

Also note that DEV-C++ librarys are named diffrent then say Visual C.

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 01-31-2004).]

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 01-31-2004).]

Ok that worked well except the for some reason I dont have glut.h file. Where can i get it.

glut is not a part of opengl you have to download it. There is a link on this site to it I think.

I think in one release of DEV-C++ they put it in the wrong directory, just need to move it to include/gl.

If your still can not find it, I have a link to the official glut site for windows on my website. www.angelfire.com/linux/nexusone/

Or just drop me an e-mail and I can send it to you. It is a very small file…

Originally posted by TMLewiss:
Ok that worked well except the for some reason I dont have glut.h file. Where can i get it.