Is SGIS_texture_lod support essential?

I am having problems using the TEXTURE_MIN_LOD and TEXTURE_MAX_LOD on recent ATI cards. It seems these functions are not accelerated. When I use them, my application slows down like hell. As far as I know, this is part of OpenGL 1.2 and above. Does that mean ATI OpenGL driver can not claim to be OpenGL 1.2 compliant?

Ozo.

Originally posted by Ozo:
When I use them, my application slows down like hell. As far as I know, this is part of OpenGL 1.2 and above. Does that mean ATI OpenGL driver can not claim to be OpenGL 1.2 compliant?

To be compliant, the driver must implement all functionality of specified GL version however it is not required that all the implemented functionality is HW accelerated. As long as that functionality works, even slowly, it is compliant.

Originally posted by Ozo:
I am having problems using the TEXTURE_MIN_LOD and TEXTURE_MAX_LOD on recent ATI cards. It seems these functions are not accelerated.
Which ATI cards are you having trouble with?

Do you have a short repro-case you could post?

Are you getting any errors?

To be clear, this functionality has been part of the core since version 1.2. It seems odd to me that the latest offerings from ATI would have trouble with this.