How to create Multiple windows

is it possible to create more than one window? How?

Thanks & Regards

Yes… but how depends on what your using to create your first one. And what language your using…etc.

Answer these:
Are you using C/VB/DELPHI/OTHER?
Are using GLUT to handle your windows?
Are you using Win32 calls?

>Are you using C/VB/DELPHI/OTHER?
I’m using VC++ 6

>Are using GLUT to handle your windows?
yes.

Thanks

afaik, the function glutCreateWindow() can be called multiple times, once per window. It returns an integer that “is a unique identifier for the window”.

I’m not sure what the function is, but there’s a function that is something like glutSetWindow() or something that takes an integer argument that i believe would be the integer returned by glutCreateWindow() - which would mean you’d have to save those numbers into a global variable for later use.

Something like that, at least.

>>glutCreateSubWindow creates a subwindow of the window identified by win of size width and height at location x and y within the current window. Implicitly, the current window is set to the newly created subwindow.<<

i believe theres an example/s that come with glut

I’d suggest going with the GLUT functions as it apparently has support built in.

However performance and control are more important to you than portabiliy, I would recommend Windows system calls, CreateWindow(), SetWindowPos(), DestroyWindow(), etc. But ONLY if you don’t want portability.