Which are the best OpenGL books?

I have the OpenGL Programming Guide 1.0 on pdf but it’s literally a pain reading on screen. I’ve seen the 3rd edition of the above. Quite expensive, even 2nd hand

I’ve also seen the OpenGL SuperBible, though it’s had a few negative reviews saying, among other things, that most of it’s content is available in the Programming Guide.

Any recommendations?

The OpenGL Game Programming book is very good! It allows you to learn OpenGL and apply it to things like terrains, games (obviously ), a little mini game engine, etc. Go to:

Gamedev’s Book List for OpenGL

I suggest the OpenGL Game Programming book. With that and the Red book, you will learn a LOT.

• Halcyon

One of the best book I’ve ever seen is
OpenGL Super Bible
You can download it here: http://free.top.bg/darklight/books/gamemaker/OpenGL%20Super%20Bible.rar

I pick up the Opengl Programming guide 1.2 at a discount book store for about $20.00…

I once printed out a book on pdf, and to save paper make sure to print odd first then just flip the paper over and print even in reverse order. If you have a newer PDF view it will do that.

I also works good if you have a laser printer or fast ink jet.

Originally posted by eXor:
[b]I have the OpenGL Programming Guide 1.0 on pdf but it’s literally a pain reading on screen. I’ve seen the 3rd edition of the above. Quite expensive, even 2nd hand

I’ve also seen the OpenGL SuperBible, though it’s had a few negative reviews saying, among other things, that most of it’s content is available in the Programming Guide.

Any recommendations?[/b]

you wanna sell it to me for 10 bucks?

Originally posted by eXor:
you wanna sell it to me for 10 bucks?

Come On. Are you a student? If you are in college, you should be able to find one in the library.
You may think it is crazy, well, actually it is. I have all 3 editions of the book, although only the first edition was paid from my pocket. I have an autographed 3rd edition which I got it free in SIGGRPAH.

Are you suggesting I steal from my library?

It’s not a big deal, I will find it cheaply somewhere maybe ebay.