declaration error

static GLfloat theta[] = {0.0, 0.0, 0.0};

Why do i get error when i declare the above???
The errors are…
error C2059: syntax error : 'static ’

And also, i would like to know what’s the difference between float and GLfloat??

Why is that i get errors sometimes when i declare variables as GLfloat, before my main(i.e. aft i include all my header files)???
meaning, it does not take it as a variable type(i.e int, char, float) and appear int black instead of blue…

Thanks…

Hi !

Many times errors like this has nothing to do with the line with the error code, if you have included windows.h and opengl.h before then it works, so take a look at the code before that line, often you find the problem there.

Mikael

Hmmm, it works perfectly when I try it.
And I don’t see why it shouldn’t.
As far as I know, GLfloat and float is exactly the same thing. I think it might be used for clarity. I often pass my rendering module straight floats and it executes perfectly.
Anyway, here’s how I put it.
#include <windows.h>
#include <gl/gl.h>
#include <gl/glu.h>

static GLfloat theta[] = {0.0, 0.0, 0.0};

void main(void){}

I think Mikael is correct. Focus on the line of code right before this declaration, youre error is prolly there.

always include windows.h before anything else. Includes before windows.h are kind of ignored. So if you #include <gl/gl.h> before #include <windows.h>, gl.h is not properly included (whatever it can mean), and GLfloat is not known by the compiler. One of the strange behaviors of VC++… I think it can be fixed in one of the 300,000 options of the compiler. If you don’t want to have problems, include windows.h before the other headers.

PS : it’s the same with stdafx.h when you use appwizard. You must include it before the other files.