OGL and PlayStation

Hi

Would you happen to know if OpenGL can be or has been used as part of any SDK for the development of PlayStation titles?

For any other console?

Thanks.

Info about development for PS or PS2 is hard to come by, at least on Sony’s sites (or maybe I just don’t type in the right words). But, the little I have seen references a Sony Computer Entertainment Development Kit DTL-T10000 (found 1 article on Sony.net, but it was entirely in Japanese) which you would probably have to purchase from them and is the only way for development to be done on a PC. I had also seen mention of workstations (proprietary everything) which sell for only $10,000 or more. And, I am almost positive that their graphics are proprietary and do not in any way support OpenGL. Look up “DTL-T10000” on Google. Not much useful info, but there is some. Metrowerks does sell their CodeWarrior IDE for PS2 development which runs on Windows, but it requires the DTL-T10000 card.

Of course, I have been wrong before.

Hey shinpaughp, thanks for performing this search (or should I say research!) Very useful indeed, although most of the documents are in Japanese

I was hoping to get an insider’s view of PS development. Hasn’t anyone here in the forum worked for PS titles, so they could tell us what the SDK (for 3D graphics) looks like? Is it like OpenGL?

C’mon don’t be shy

PS: Maybe I should post this in the ‘advanced’ forum