texture tiling

I have a texture that I need to use but the image has a width of 6052 and a height of 7691. I was told that this is entirely too big for current graphics cards. Plus its not even a power of two. Someone on an earlier post said that I should do texture tiling but I dont even know what that is or how to do it. Are there any tutorials out there about this or can someone explain it to me. Also if anyone has any other ideas about this it would be helpful too. Thanks.
P.s It is not possible for me to edit the texture in photoshop or manipulate it first because this is not a game it is an application in which the user will specify an image in a propretary format.

In this case, I think what was meant by tiling was breaking the image into smaller subtextures and “tiling” them. This could be done programmatically by your program, it wouldn’t have to be done outside your program by apps like Photoshop.

This thread might interest you: http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/Forum3/HTML/010440.html

yes it does thanks