Video Processing Help

I have done OpenGl programming before but it was easy beginners stuff. Right now I’m trying to figure out how I can take a video file, read it, take a frame, and display it however I please…

Basically take frames one by one. Any tips as to how I should go about that? Anyway to do this accelerated via the GPU? (ATI/NVIDIA video processor?

Any help would be appreciated.

That all depends on what os you are running, if you want it to be platform independent and if you are going for avi or mpeg movies… or some other format.

If you want to use avi movies, windows would be the best solution, but mpeg/divX movies can be used on almost any os out there.

Mikael

Originally posted by mikael_aronsson:
[b]That all depends on what os you are running, if you want it to be platform independent and if you are going for avi or mpeg movies… or some other format.

If you want to use avi movies, windows would be the best solution, but mpeg/divX movies can be used on almost any os out there.

Mikael[/b]
Hi, thanks for the reply. I will be working on a windows platform. I would like to work on any movie format that would be easier to start with. Or at least get my feet wet.

What suggestions do you have? Would it be best to learn shaders for gpu acceleration?