linker errors in Borland CBuilder5

Hi,

having a few problems with some code in CBuilder5
it compiles okay but when it comes to linking time, i get a load of unresolved externals (on things like ‘glutInit’ and ‘glutInitDisplayMode’)
ive got glut32.dll and glut32.lib, is there anything else i need?? (assuming this is the problem)…

cheeeeers

Have you set in your linker to use the glut32.lib?

Originally posted by bmth_chris:
[b]Hi,

having a few problems with some code in CBuilder5
it compiles okay but when it comes to linking time, i get a load of unresolved externals (on things like ‘glutInit’ and ‘glutInitDisplayMode’)
ive got glut32.dll and glut32.lib, is there anything else i need?? (assuming this is the problem)…

cheeeeers[/b]

well, i have put the .lib file in the normal place in the Builder folder, where all the other libs are… and it make no difference…
hmmmmm

You did not answer my question…
Do you know how to access the linker settings in your compiler?
In the linker settings is a option on which librarys to include when linking…
It does not automaticaly add all the librarys in the lib folder, you have to tell is which ones to use.

Originally posted by bmth_chris:
well, i have put the .lib file in the normal place in the Builder folder, where all the other libs are… and it make no difference…
hmmmmm

well, in the linker settings for Builder5, there is no option to specify indivdual libraries…
there is a directories / conditionals section where u can specify where the path to the library directory…
this is set as it always has been to
Program Files\Borland\CBuilder5\Lib
and this is where i have put glut32.dll and glut32.lib!!
are these the only two files required or are there some other GL related .lib or .dll files…?

thanks

I’m not familiar with how Borland’s IDE is laid out, but it sounds like you have looked at the general environment settings, not the project settings. What you are describing would be true for all projects. What you need is to add the libraries you need to the specific project you are working on.