How do i install?

I’m tryin to install OpenGL on my video card and i have no clue what to do. I downloaded the isntall file from the site and i don’t have any clue what to do. There’s no .exe file or anythign and the readme doesn’t make sense.

I’m on Windows XP and my Video card is:

S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR

I checked on the compatibility list and that one is compatible. I just need ot know what to do with these 9 files? How do i install it!! ahh!!

Are you wanting to program openGL or just want video drivers?

Drivers for openGL come from the video card maker, normaly they have some type of install routine or .inf file.

What does the readme file say that does not make since, post it here?

Did you download the correct file?

Originally posted by jcrizzy:
[b]I’m tryin to install OpenGL on my video card and i have no clue what to do. I downloaded the isntall file from the site and i don’t have any clue what to do. There’s no .exe file or anythign and the readme doesn’t make sense.

I’m on Windows XP and my Video card is:

S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR

I checked on the compatibility list and that one is compatible. I just need ot know what to do with these 9 files? How do i install it!! ahh!![/b]

I downloaded the user one. It’s about 450 kb and it just extracts 9 files into your desktop. It actually doesn’t relaly have an install file. So . … i’m totally clueless.

I downloaded it form the link here
http://www.opengl.org/users/downloads/index.html

Did you even try to READ the information on that link?
Or even understand my questions that I asked you?

The files you downloaded are for people who have old version of windows 95, anything above windows 95 sr2 has these files already installed on the system and is not needed.

Now in order to play openGL games you will still need to have the lastest openGL video card drivers from the people who make your video card. You have to download this from the video cards makers website if they have openGL support.

Originally posted by jcrizzy:
[b]I downloaded the user one. It’s about 450 kb and it just extracts 9 files into your desktop. It actually doesn’t relaly have an install file. So . … i’m totally clueless.

I downloaded it form the link here
http://www.opengl.org/users/downloads/index.html [/b]