header files for borland C++

I am sure this is a rather dumb question, but I am unable to get textures working because the compiler can’t find several function definitions.
to wit:
glBindTexture()
glGenTextures()
they do not seem to be in the headers one would assume they would be in…i.e,
gl\gl.h
gl\glu.h
gl\glaux.h
do I just have defective headers? or are they somewhere else?
hope someone can help.

Try referencing the headers as <GL/gl.h>

caps for the directory…

That should fix it

Nate

I started using Borland c++ builder and I also had those problems eventhough I included the header files :

<GL/gl.h>
<GL/glu.h>
<GL/glaux.h>

I never found out how to correct these errors, but I started using Visual C++ instead, and here I know where to type in the linking files, and my guess is that the problem with Borland C++ builder is that you have to type a linker, but I don’t have a clue on how to do it…

I am curious…several examples of opengl programming I have seen for borland include a header call vcl.h.
I am unsure what this header is for, as I haven’t found a copy to look at.
does this contain the definitions, or if not, what does it contain?

ok, people, I seem to have found a simple way to avoid that compilation problem.
just look up the definition of the functions it can’t find and add them to your source yourself.
now, of coarse, I am getting linking errors.
these functions do not seem to be in glu32.lib or opengl32.lib.
I’m thinking they may be in glaux.lib, but I can’t seem to get hold of an uncorrupted version…

Yeah you will get linker errors…

You have version 0.9 OpenGL SDK… If you are using C++Builder, then you won’t find any opengl.lib, opengl32.lib, glaux.lib, etc in the libs directory… Instead they are in a dll, i forget what it’s called… Most of windows stuff is also inside that dll too…

You need to goto microsoft’s web sight to download OpenGL version 1.1…
You can find a link here… http://www.sgi.com/

After you download, you cannot use the .lib files with any borland comiler… So deleted them… You cannot use Gluax.lib, it’s a static link library, and you cannot convert it to use on any Borland C++ compilers…anyone here got a borland version ???

With the dll’s, open a dos prompt, and goto the directory that has those dll’s… then type implib Opengl32.lib Opengl32.dll … Then repeat with the others, and even glut, if your using glut…
That will build a borland C++ lib files from the dll’s…

Place all the libs, in the libs directory… All the dll’s in the system directory… And all the headers in the include/GL directory…

All done:

The vcl.h header is a C++Builder file that contains the definitions for the various graphical components like buttons. It has nothing to do with OpenGL.