PDA

View Full Version : header files for borland C++

skhar
08-13-2000, 03:47 PM
I am sure this is a rather dumb question, but I am unable to get textures working because the compiler can't find several function definitions.
to wit:
glBindTexture()
glGenTextures()
they do not seem to be in the headers one would assume they would be in..i.e,
gl\gl.h
gl\glu.h
gl\glaux.h
do I just have defective headers? or are they somewhere else?
hope someone can help.

subpoposaur
08-13-2000, 09:19 PM
Try referencing the headers as <GL/gl.h>

caps for the directory...

That should fix it

Nate

Nomaden
08-13-2000, 09:45 PM
I started using Borland c++ builder and I also had those problems eventhough I included the header files :

<GL/gl.h>
<GL/glu.h>
<GL/glaux.h>

I never found out how to correct these errors, but I started using Visual C++ instead, and here I know where to type in the linking files, and my guess is that the problem with Borland C++ builder is that you have to type a linker, but I don't have a clue on how to do it..

skhar
08-15-2000, 04:39 AM
I am curious...several examples of opengl programming I have seen for borland include a header call vcl.h.
I am unsure what this header is for, as I haven't found a copy to look at.
does this contain the definitions, or if not, what does it contain?

skhar
08-15-2000, 05:23 AM
ok, people, I seem to have found a simple way to avoid that compilation problem.
just look up the definition of the functions it can't find and add them to your source yourself.
now, of coarse, I am getting linking errors.
these functions do not seem to be in glu32.lib or opengl32.lib.
I'm thinking they may be in glaux.lib, but I can't seem to get hold of an uncorrupted version....

warlordQ
08-15-2000, 06:30 AM
Yeah you will get linker errors.....

You have version 0.9 OpenGL SDK... If you are using C++Builder, then you won't find any opengl.lib, opengl32.lib, glaux.lib, etc in the libs directory..... Instead they are in a dll, i forget what it's called... Most of windows stuff is also inside that dll too...

You need to goto microsoft's web sight to download OpenGL version 1.1....
You can find a link here... http://www.sgi.com/

After you download, you cannot use the .lib files with any borland comiler..... So deleted them..... You cannot use Gluax.lib, it's a static link library, and you cannot convert it to use on any Borland C++ compilers.....anyone here got a borland version ???

With the dll's, open a dos prompt, and goto the directory that has those dll's.... then type implib Opengl32.lib Opengl32.dll .... Then repeat with the others, and even glut, if your using glut.....
That will build a borland C++ lib files from the dll's....

Place all the libs, in the libs directory.... All the dll's in the system directory.... And all the headers in the include/GL directory.....

All done:

08-15-2000, 07:09 AM
The vcl.h header is a C++Builder file that contains the definitions for the various graphical components like buttons. It has nothing to do with OpenGL. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif