PDA

View Full Version : How to install the driver???



matan17
06-21-2003, 01:49 PM
I have download the latest OpenGL driver witch is an EXE file but the problem is, that I don't know where to put the files in my computer. PLEASE Help me!!!

Thanks http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

nexusone
06-21-2003, 06:14 PM
You mean driver like for your video card, should be downloaded from your video card maker and then should install like a normal install process or by clicking on the device and choose update diver and point it to a folder in which you have extracted the files.


Are you talking about files for programming?


What version of windows do you have?
What brand of video card?



Originally posted by matan17:
I have download the latest OpenGL driver witch is an EXE file but the problem is, that I don't know where to put the files in my computer. PLEASE Help me!!!

Thanks http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

matan17
06-22-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by nexusone:
You mean driver like for your video card, should be downloaded from your video card maker and then should install like a normal install process or by clicking on the device and choose update diver and point it to a folder in which you have extracted the files.


Are you talking about files for programming?


What version of windows do you have?
What brand of video card?




I have windows XP and Geforce 2 mx400, after I downloaded the Detonator driver and installed it. from the Nvidia Site in my computer, where should I put the OpenGL driver files???

nexusone
06-22-2003, 04:39 AM
Windows XP, has the software part of openGL shipped with windows, as for the Geforce 2 I suppect it should have installed them with the other Direct X video drivers in the windows directory.

After updating the Geforce drivers have you tried a game that supports openGL to see if it is working.

Also may want to post what game you are trying to run in openGL.

I use ATI and it install's all the openGL driver along with the Direct X.



Originally posted by matan17:
I have windows XP and Geforce 2 mx400, after I downloaded the Detonator driver and installed it. from the Nvidia Site in my computer, where should I put the OpenGL driver files???