Texture mapping on Win32 and OSX

Hey all. This is my first post here so Im a bit nervous posting a question among masters. Heres my problem:

Im learning OpenGL on both the MacOSX 10.3 and WinXP. So far Ive been successful at getting *.raw textures working following NeHe’s tutorials. Im looking for information and advice on other formats to use. Im using GLUT on both systems and compile with Xcode on the OSX and Borland builder 5.5 command promt on XP.

I like the TGA graphics format, easy to understand and has alpha channel support.

Originally posted by Cerberus2332:
[b]Hey all. This is my first post here so Im a bit nervous posting a question among masters. Heres my problem:

Im learning OpenGL on both the MacOSX 10.3 and WinXP. So far Ive been successful at getting *.raw textures working following NeHe’s tutorials. Im looking for information and advice on other formats to use. Im using GLUT on both systems and compile with Xcode on the OSX and Borland builder 5.5 command promt on XP.[/b]

Graphics file format heaven: http://www.wotsit.org/

I agree, uncompressed TGA works for BGR and BGRA and is sooo simple to read and write.