loading 3ds files

Hello all
I am trying to load a 3ds file. I am not reading all chunks just those required like the vertex info, polys and uv mapping coordinates and texture. Now the code worked ok for basic objects like cube, sphere and geosphere. As i try to load cones, cylinder, torii, they are not loaded correctly. They appear spherified. cone when loaded appears like a hemisphere, cylinder appears like a capped hemisphere. What do you think is wrong? Am i missing something? Has anybody encountered such a thing bfore?
Thanx in advance
MMM

I think your code is wrong somehow, and not that 3ds file saves cones as semispheres and additional parameters to change the vertices positions.
I can suggest to try your loader on more complicated objects (planes, humans, furniture and so on, there are plenty of such free things on internet) as on more detailed geometry you can guess more easily what is wrong with your loader.

Originally posted by CWiC:
I think your code is wrong somehow, and not that 3ds file saves cones as semispheres and additional parameters to change the vertices positions.
I can suggest to try your loader on more complicated objects (planes, humans, furniture and so on, there are plenty of such free things on internet) as on more detailed geometry you can guess more easily what is wrong with your loader.

Thanx CWic for the tip.

Thanx I was able to rectify an error in loader. It was a logical error.
Thanx