Drawing x-y plots

Hello ppl,
I am new to OPEN GL.
I am involved in a project which involves
plotting of x-y values(something like ECG output). I am just wondering how easy it is to do with open gl.
Does open gl support drawing graphs,contours etc…easily?
Please share your idea guys.
If guys know of someother graphics library which might be better suited for the purpose of drawing graphs, x-y plots, please let me know.

cheers
vicky

It is exceptionally easy to draw simple graphs with OpenGL. However, if you are in a Windows environment, and you are only doing 2D, you might be better off just using the GDI to draw the graph to an offscreen device context and then blit it onto the window.
I’m sure there are similar options if using Xwindows or MacOS. Which OS’s will the app run in? That’ll help narrow down the available possibilities.

Thanks for your reply.
The application will be running on windows environment.
can you elaborate a bit more on GDI, so that I can get started.
I am new to this world, and am hoping to have some time.

Thanks

Originally posted by DFrey:
It is exceptionally easy to draw simple graphs with OpenGL. However, if you are in a Windows environment, and you are only doing 2D, you might be better off just using the GDI to draw the graph to an offscreen device context and then blit it onto the window.
I’m sure there are similar options if using Xwindows or MacOS. Which OS’s will the app run in? That’ll help narrow down the available possibilities.