removing window decorations

Hi, does anyone know how to remove ALL decorations from a glut window? I’d like to get rid of the border, titlebar, everything.

Thanks in advance.

I think you have to use full screen mode to do that.

Mikael

Unfortunately, I need to accomplish it on a fixed-size window that is a lot smaller than the screen size. The user need not be able to play around with the window size.
Any ideas?

I’m not sure you can do that with glut. Probably would either need to use win32 api or something else for the window creation. Another solution would be to hack into the glut files. I’m not sure which is uglier but, I’ve never seen a glut window without decoration (except the glutFullScreen, and only in windows, not X). Good luck!

I guess you’re right, moucard. I’m working on Linux, so I guess I’ll have to immerse myself in X code. Yuck.
I’ll post back here if I do come up with something.

That GLUT is nice for basic stuff, but advanced windowing it is not.

Look at SDL library, also the QT library(kdevelop I think has a base example of this) I think it offers options to remove the window borders and it is cross platform.

Originally posted by malancha:
I guess you’re right, moucard. I’m working on Linux, so I guess I’ll have to immerse myself in X code. Yuck.
I’ll post back here if I do come up with something.