How do I keep my OpenGL ver. up to date?

Hi

I would like to ensure, that all my openGL files are up to date. But I am a bit confused about how all the details about OpenGL’s extensions work, i.e. what extensions are supported from where. I am using MS Visual C++ 6.0 for coding my OpenGL applications. But if I understand it correctly, the gl.h, glu.h and glaux.h files provided by MS only supports OpenGL ver. 1.1. Is that correct or must I download some updated versions from MS? Besides that, I have downloaded glext.h, wglext.h and glxext.h from opengl.org. I have also downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics platform. Is there anymore to do to ensure, that my OpenGL version is up to date?

New OpenGL technologies need to be only updated with Your graphics card drivers.

Originally posted by glYaro:
New OpenGL technologies need to be only updated with Your graphics card drivers.

…if you are an OpenGL program user. If you are a developer, you also need to have the latest includes. glext.h etc are supposed to give all the latest extensions and definitions (including OpenGL 1.2+ functions/defines).

In order to use OpenGL 1.2+ functions under Windows, you need to treat them as OpenGL extensions (i.e. dynamically get the function pointers with wglGetProcAddress after you have created your GL context).

Thanks

It seems I have done it right then.