My workstation vs. Sun Ultra-80

Hi, I use Mesa library and I have a Diamond Viper 550 card with 16MB of RAM. It works for small projects pretty well, but the real problem is rendering. All my objects seem to be ‘inside-out’ when I render them at home. However when I render them at work on my Sun station everything comes out prefectly fine. What can cause this problem? Thanks,

Do you use glut? I noticed once that using glut if I didn’t include GLUT_DEPTH as one of the flags in glutInitDisplay, then I wouldn’t get a depth buffer on the Linux computers at school, but I would on Windows machines. Maybe your running into something similar.

Originally posted by Deiussum:
Do you use glut? I noticed once that using glut if I didn’t include GLUT_DEPTH as one of the flags in glutInitDisplay, then I wouldn’t get a depth buffer on the Linux computers at school, but I would on Windows machines. Maybe your running into something similar.

Yes, I did use glut, I don’t remember if I included the call to GL_DEPTH. I will try to use it as soon as I get home. Thanks for the tip!

If you use Mesa with your TNT at home would I really recommend the standard MS/NVidia OpenGL instead.