APIs are different ?

Hi,all~

I’am new here and know not much about API, are the APIs such as openGL, WinAPI different much ?

thanx in advance~

What? No flame yet??
dude, you really should do a little bit of provate research into this first…

Well,
WinAPI is for making a windows style program, menu bars, dropdown menu’s, window creation, etc.

OpenGL API, is for creating and rendering 3D/2D graphics only.

Can you see the diffrence?

Originally posted by black:
[b]Hi,all~

I’am new here and know not much about API, are the APIs such as openGL, WinAPI different much ?

thanx in advance~[/b]

Originally posted by nexusone:
[b]Well,
WinAPI is for making a windows style program, menu bars, dropdown menu’s, window creation, etc.

OpenGL API, is for creating and rendering 3D/2D graphics only.

Can you see the diffrence?

[/b]

a little clearly now. That is to say would should build up windows and menus with WinAPI and secondly attach our beautiful pics ?

There are a bunch of web sites that have information on making openGL screens in a Windows API controlled window.

here are a few:

nehe.gamedev.net also some windows examples www.cornflakezone.com has some examples

First you need to learn how to use the windows API, and this forum is only for openGL problems.

Once you learn to make a Window, you just pass the window screen location to openGL so it can render to it.

Originally posted by black:
[b] a little clearly now. That is to say would should build up windows and menus with WinAPI and secondly attach our beautiful pics ?

[/b]

Originally posted by nexusone:
[b]
First you need to learn how to use the windows API, and this forum is only for openGL problems.

Once you learn to make a Window, you just pass the window screen location to openGL so it can render to it.

[/b]

thanx, I’ll seek for that and back later~