Window on textured wall 2

Thanks for the answers. Now I can make a texture with predefined transparent spots on it, but what if I don’t know where will be the window(s) on the walls and what will be their size? So what if I can’t integrate alpha channels into my texture? Is that possible to select part of my texture during runtime and make only that part transparent, and how? (The program I’m writing will be a simple architect program, at first the user have to draw the walls and place windows and doors into them in 2D and then he can press the 3D button to render the scene in 3D.)

The alpha mask is a simple way, on a CAD program you maybe need to draw the wall with a hole in it.

The you have the user define where the window is.

Like so.

||||
|| ||
||||

Originally posted by Viktor:
Thanks for the answers. Now I can make a texture with predefined transparent spots on it, but what if I don’t know where will be the window(s) on the walls and what will be their size? So what if I can’t integrate alpha channels into my texture? Is that possible to select part of my texture during runtime and make only that part transparent, and how? (The program I’m writing will be a simple architect program, at first the user have to draw the walls and place windows and doors into them in 2D and then he can press the 3D button to render the scene in 3D.)

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 01-12-2003).]