Perspective

I use Perspective view in my project, but it is deforming every object in the window that is not near the center. How can I have deformation???

Becasue your field of view is too large.

Originally posted by Bob:
Becasue your field of view is too large.

More Help please!!!

As long as you’re using perspective projection, you’ll always have some deformation. If it were otherwise, it wouldn’t be perspective. You can reduce the effect by choosing a smaller field of view angle, 90° is cool for most intents and purposes.

Look at the glOrtho and gluOrtho2d functions for some deformation free projections.

Originally posted by zeckensack:
[b]As long as you’re using perspective projection, you’ll always have some deformation. If it were otherwise, it wouldn’t be perspective. You can reduce the effect by choosing a smaller field of view angle, 90° is cool for most intents and purposes.

Look at the glOrtho and gluOrtho2d functions for some deformation free projections.[/b]

Can I have some more Help???

What more do you need? Your field of view is too large, that is, you should pick a smaller field of view. If you don’t know how to change the field of view, take a deeper look on how gluPerspective works (aka. read the manual).

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 03-14-2002).]