PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

SeeDAreW
03-13-2002, 01:41 AM
I use Perspective view in my project, but it is deforming every object in the window that is not near the center. How can I have deformation?????

Bob
03-13-2002, 02:15 AM
Becasue your field of view is too large.

SeeDAreW
03-14-2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Bob:
Becasue your field of view is too large.

More Help please!!!!

zeckensack
03-14-2002, 03:40 AM
As long as you're using perspective projection, you'll always have some deformation. If it were otherwise, it wouldn't be perspective. You can reduce the effect by choosing a smaller field of view angle, 90 is cool for most intents and purposes.

Look at the glOrtho and gluOrtho2d functions for some deformation free projections.

SeeDAreW
03-14-2002, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by zeckensack:
As long as you're using perspective projection, you'll always have some deformation. If it were otherwise, it wouldn't be perspective. You can reduce the effect by choosing a smaller field of view angle, 90 is cool for most intents and purposes.

Look at the glOrtho and gluOrtho2d functions for some deformation free projections.

Can I have some more Help?????

Bob
03-14-2002, 04:34 AM
What more do you need? Your field of view is too large, that is, you should pick a smaller field of view. If you don't know how to change the field of view, take a deeper look on how gluPerspective works (aka. read the manual).

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 03-14-2002).]