Status of FBO driver support

Could any of the hardware vendors out there comment on the status of their EXT_framebuffer_object driver support? My preferred platform is NVidia on Linux. According to GLEW, FBO is not yet supported with the 1.0-7174 driver. Will this be available soon? What about other hardware/OS combinations?

Hey Mogumbo, I don’t know how many IHV’s make it into the beginner’s forum, but I suspect it’s not many :slight_smile:

Ha! I bet you’re right. But it just didn’t seem like an advanced question :slight_smile:

I played with a beta NVidia driver for Windows today that is supposed to have FBO support, but haven’t gotten it to work yet :frowning: I still want Linux support, anyway.

Yeah, I’ve been steering clear of the beta drivers lately … holding out for the full monty.

Good luck with the Linux drivers.

By the way, why not advanced? That seems to be the place for this sort of thing. I know a lot of people are interested in this.

I suppose FBO is a pretty advanced OpenGL feature, but my question about it is a simple one.

Good point. :smiley:

There is a long discussion in the advanced forum about what works and what doesn’t work with current beta drivers:
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/cgi_directory/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=013087

There is some working code posted there too…

AFAIK there is no support for FBO on Linux. I’m waiting for this, too, but I think this could take a while. Propably they will first release a stable windows driver once they are finished implementing the missing parts…