Loading Images? Help! I'm moving my VB OpenGL project to C++

I’ve been programming OpenGL for quite some time, but I’ve been doing so in VB.

For loading and manipulating images I have writen my own classes - in VB - but can’t use them any more.

Can some one tell me how to load images in C for use with OpenGl, preferable without having to deal with file handles and streams and such.

p.s I cannot use GLUT through Borland VC++ because I am missing the file “winmm.lib” and cannot find it anywhare.

Check out DevIL, its a library for loading images of various formats.
http://openil.sourceforge.net/

How do you think you are going to load anything without file I/O?

It isn’t that hard, and there are tons of tutors available. Check www.google.com.

Originally posted by MagMan:
[b]How do you think you are going to load anything without file I/O?

It isn’t that hard, and there are tons of tutors available. Check www.google.com. [/b]

Sorry, I was a little unclear. I simply meant; so that “I” don’t have to deal with file I/O for images as, presumably, people have already written class (and API’s) to do exactly that. It’s mostly because I’m a slack bastard, but also because I will never get the same results as people who have worked on that specifically, I’d rather stand on their shoulders for this, and concentrate more on other aspects of my project.

DevIL is very useful, I’ve used it a few times, but I wish they’d just pick a name and stick with it!

I’ve seen no less than four variations on the title.