Opengl Game Programming Book

Hi all

I have just bought the book Opengl Game Programming which i have heard so much about. But having recived it i am a little pissed off.

I got the book which is a good book. I got the CD, But the CD had no source code files. all the zips on my cd are empty. I dont think im doing anything wrong, i think i know how to use winzip.

Has anyone else had had this happen to them.

hope not it hurts when u get ur present and its a dud. Anyhow, if any one know where i can download these files charter1 to chapter21 can you please let me know thanks

Zee

hello,
i want to buy this book too.
Maybe the files are on the website of the firm that has realeased the book.

Maybe you should update your zip program. What size are those zip files?

and yes, the publisher should have the CD stuff on the web.

V-man

thanks for ur replays guys

MarsuGL buy this book i have had it only 2 days and i cant stop reading it it is so well written and if full of example code and exelently documented descriptions.

I have 48 books in my personal computing library and this is the second book i feel this pationate about. The first was Beginning Visual C++ 6

V man i have winzip 8, and all of the files on the cd are 118 bytes. Unless the OS is reading this wrong i think they are empty. but good news i found source code

here it is for those of u how may be in a similer situation as me http://www.primagamedev.com/books/book/5376/999/

Zee

The book has it’s share of errors in the example codes in the book but the codes in the zipfile should be correct–I hope. I also just picked it up yesterday and it’s very easy to read. It’s one of those computer books that doesn’t put you to sleep.

I wouldn’t recommend the book for total beginners. Certain things are ommited that I think would make it difficult for beginners to pickup. And the errors would probable throw them off.

NOTE: I’ve only read 1/4 of the book so far so I only have that much to base it off of.