GLUT and lcc-Win32 / Mingw

Heya guys!

Meanwhile I am sick of trying to find out how to kick the console window with Borland FreeBCC 5.5 using GLUT and I do not have VC++, so the pragma is not an option for me.
marcus256 told me how to kick the console window with lcc and Mingw, however, I didnt manage to compile a simple Redbook program so far. SO does anyone know how to set up GLUT with lcc or Mingw? Or does anyone know where to find a tutorial for those compilers?
Again thanx in advance!

The_V|k|ng

Before you ditch BCC try replacing
void main()…

with

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)

and compile with the -tW option
you may have tried this already, but I don’t know why it wouldn’t work

Maybe Im making just some stupid mistake, but replacing

void main()

by

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)

causes a declaration syntax error in exactly the WinMain-line…
Besides, what parameters do I hand to glutInit()? Like this

glutInit(lpCmdline, nCmdShow) ?

Thank you for you reply! And even thanx for further ones…!

The_V|k|ng

Is it possible to get Glut to work with BC++5.5. I tried and have had no luck. I get alot of linker errors. I’ve also tried it with Bloodshed, because it has a nice IDE, and I can’t get anything to work there either.

I used Lcc to compile my Opengl programs, I compile as a windows application. Now when creating a new project, I unselect create a skeletin, and have a base .C file that I use to start all projects.

Here is a good Lcc support site: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Station/1177/index.html

Originally posted by The_V|k|ng:
[b]Heya guys!

Meanwhile I am sick of trying to find out how to kick the console window with Borland FreeBCC 5.5 using GLUT and I do not have VC++, so the pragma is not an option for me.
marcus256 told me how to kick the console window with lcc and Mingw, however, I didnt manage to compile a simple Redbook program so far. SO does anyone know how to set up GLUT with lcc or Mingw? Or does anyone know where to find a tutorial for those compilers?
Again thanx in advance!

The_V|k|ng[/b]