VC 6.0++ compile problem (source from "OpenGL game programming" book. Please help !

I am trying to compile the source code provided with the CD in the book “OpenGL game programming” (LaMonthe,Hawkins,Astle). But the compiler can`t make it because of the following errors:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glLineWidth@4
chapter4.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glPointSize@4
chapter4.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glPolygonMode@8
chapter4.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glDisable@4
chapter4.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glEnable@4
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/chapter4.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 24 unresolved externals

Why is that ? What can I do ?

Also another chapter had source code where there was similar error like this just for the procedure AUXDIBImageLoad.
When I cahnged the version of GLUT from 3.6.3. to 3.7 anither 16 errors appeared.
It seeme that version 3.0 could help but sgi.com doesn`t have the link working. Where could I find other/older versions of GLUT?

What Object/Library Modules do you have listed in your Project Settings->Link tab?

Some default ones. But i just changed the directories in the TOOLS->Options->Directories.

kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

I’m not in front of my development system here, but you’ll probably need to add Opengl32.lib, glu32.lib to that Object/Library Modules box fer shure.

Well right now Im compiling source from first chapter since thers just one error :

Linking…
chapter1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _auxDIBImageLoadA@4
Debug/chapter1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

chapter1.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I have updated those .lib files in project->settings but nothin changes. What else should I do ? I did not set anything else in compiler. It is just fresh new install.

ThanX in advance

You have to include the glaux lib into the library list of your project… I always wonder why so many people are complaining about this. The error messages are pretty much self-explaining.

Thank You very much. I have just finished using Delphi and started using C++ and don`t have any experience with the integrated environment.

Thanks.