Gradient Background

Hi. I am using Visual C++ and MFC (i’m too new to know if this matters) and would like to know if there is anyway to have a gradient background in an app without drawing a big gradient rectangle that fills my window…i know there is OGL code out there to do this, but this is not what i want…any suggestions?

thanks

Uh, kind of a strange request. I believe most people on this board would likely only tell you the OpenGL way of doing it seeing as this is an OpenGL forum. But I can tell you that there is a way to do that in GDI as well, which you could use, assuming your app is not using double buffering.

[This message has been edited by DFrey (edited 07-06-2001).]

thanks for your reply, DFrey

i’m sorry, i should clarify…it’s not that i don’t want to use OpenGL to do this…i am just wondering if there is another way, using OpenGL, to create a gradient background with out drawing a big polygon…i only mentioned VC++ and MFC just in case there is no way to accomplish this using OpenGL

The only other way to draw a gradient background using OpenGL, that I can think of offhand, is to draw a gradient bitmap using glDrawPixels, but that is going to be a whole lot slower (and more complex) than just drawing the rectangle.