Ants

i’m new to openGL but is really interested in creating an ant like those in the movie ants but how should i go abt doing it? like how should i start? anyone can give me a sample code to follow?

Try this site http://www.home.no/apron/english/apron.htm?tut_gl

Enjoy =)

Ant’s was created by a program that uses openGL rendering, but openGL in it self will not produce Ant animation.

You need a 3D modeling program.
www.povray.org

or

do a google search for 3D modeling editor

Originally posted by kayouti:
i’m new to openGL but is really interested in creating an ant like those in the movie ants but how should i go abt doing it? like how should i start? anyone can give me a sample code to follow?

Originally posted by nexusone:
You need a 3D modeling program.
www.povray.org

Not that one. Pov-ray is a rendering program, for modeling purposes it’s useless. Sure, there are some people are making decent art with it, but it’s got to be the hardest way to create an ant…

There are some cheap/free modeling programs, search for milkshape or gmax. Those are designed for realtime content ceration, if you want to produce high-quality movie graphics, you’d better look into Maya, 3dsmax or lightwave, but that’s going to cost you a little…

-Ilkka

If you don’t mind a pretty severe learning curve, Blender is an excellent free 3D modeller.