viewport problem

Hi,

I have a opengl window with different views of the same scene. To achieve this I use glViewport. Everything works fine except for 2 things:

1. When I use bitmap characters with glutBitmapCharacter, the characters cross the border set with glViewport and are also displayed outside of it. How can I avoid this?

2. Picking and reading the depth buffer don’t seem to be influenced by the viewport and are always relative to the whole window. Also I found a workaround, this seems strange to me.

Can someone explain me these points??

Thanks

Sorry, me again…

I have another similar question:
the command glClear(…) is also always relative to the whole window and not the viewport. How can I change this?

Concret example: I have a first viewport which has the same size as my window. I render the scene to that viewport. After that I want to display the same scene with a different view angle in a smaller viewport above the first one (kind of window in window). To achieve this I have to clear the color and depth buffer of the zone specified by my second viewport. But the command glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT) clears my whole window…

Look at glScissor - I think this is what you are after

While the scissor test is enabled, only pixels that lie within the scissor box can be modified by drawing commands.

Thanks Shag!

glScissor works fine with glutBitmapCharacter… but it seems that it doesn’t affect glClear at all?? Do I have to clear pixel after pixel?

Sorry sorry,

I did a stupid mistake, but now it is working! So glScissor affects glClear…

Thanks