I don't want to walk through my walls!

Can someone explain or direct me to a site about object collision? I don’t want to walk through my walls, I want to stop when i hit them. Its 3d, (as in Quake view). anyone help?

~Jesse

There is a pretty good beginners tutorial at www.flipcode.com (i hope i got the url right) for collision detection. I think you might have to have some prior knowledge of DotProducts and stuff thought, not sure…

to detect collisions, you must know a little about geometry in space. you must know if one triangle is going threw another.

Originally posted by JLawson:
[b]Can someone explain or direct me to a site about object collision? I don’t want to walk through my walls, I want to stop when i hit them. Its 3d, (as in Quake view). anyone help?

~Jesse[/b]

I’ve heard about very good method of collision detection called BSP-trees or something. If you find anything about it pls send me mail, because i am new too and i don’t know about coll. detection too. my mail is olupika@yahoo.com

You can find a breif description of BSP in Watt&Watt. Also try looking for OBB (object bounding box) for alternative methods.