Textures distorted...

HI all,
I’m having a very odd problem. I’m using lib3ds to load a 3ds file and I’m having problems with the textures since they appear distorted but they do not appear always. When I load the 3ds file I then convert the 3ds structure into my own structure and I do:
GLuint texID;
glGenTextures(1, &texID);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texID);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_REPEAT);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_REPEAT);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST);

Now, I do:
gluBuild2DMipmaps(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_RGB, w, h, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, ti->image);

and the texture shows up distorted. If I do:
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB, w, h, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, ti->image);
the texture won’t show up at all…
Of course that when I’m going to send the texcoord I do:
glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glTexEnvf(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_REPLACE);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, tInfo->glID);

I’m not doing anything else to the textures, and I’m scaling the object in which the texture appears, I really don’t know if I need to do anything to the texture. It is 256x256 so it’s not too big. I really don’t know what’s happening. :-/ Why is it showing up with gluBuild… and not with texImage2D? Why is it distorted? Any ideas or things to experiment?

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

It’s hard to say. What sort of distortion are you seeing? (A screenshot might be helpful.)

What’s the format of the image?Maybe you should use GL_RGBA for the pixel format(or GL_BGRA_EXT if it’s a DIB).
It’s perfectly natural that textures do not appear with glTexImage2D.You have specified GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR for filtering,right?
So,when you use glTexImage2D there are no mipmaps generated.

[This message has been edited by mikeman (edited 02-03-2004).]