disable multitexturing after it has been enabled???

when using ‘glActiveTextureARB’ to enable you to multitex your scene, what is the function to stop (or disable) the active texture.

How do I got back from multitexturing to normal texturing?

thanks,

sorry for asking such a stupid quesion, I looked but couldn’t find anything. Any demo out there didn’t disable it since it was just a spinning cube???

Just disable the texture units you don’t need. What you call normal texturing is nothing more than a special case of multitexturing, where only one texutre unit is enabled.

ok, well would you mind sharing this function call with me?

All I have done up to now is just bind the textures, then I used multitexturing but I haven’t encountered the call to disable it yet.

Thank you but please give me that little piece of magic code.

Thanks a lot in advance,

You disable it the same way you enable it, but with glDisable instead of glEnable.

even if I do ‘glDisable(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB)’ everything in my scene that isn’t suppose to be multitextured still screws up, some textures default to a black texture while others go dark and screw the texture coordinates.

Here is some pseudocode that I am attempting to run:

1. draw normal non-multitexed items
  2. draw multitexed items
  3. draw normal non-multitexed items (again)

Am I suppose to still keep using the texture coordinate system (when setting the texel locations on the texture) that I use for multitexturing ‘glMultiTexCoord2fARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB, 0.0f, 1.0f)’ or can I go back to using the standard one ‘glTexCoord2f(0.0f, 1.0f)’.

Thank you

glActivateTexture(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB)
// tells opengl which TMU we want to work with
glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
//and disable texuring from this.