OpenGL application running under Windows XP

Some time ago I have written big graphical demo using OpenGL. Under Win 98 it runs just fine, but under Win XP it almost always crashes. The initialization code is based on NEHE tutorials. I’ll be pleased if you can post any directions about what can be wrong(actually I have no idea, so no further details this time) and eventually how to fix it.

My first thought is to try and download the newest drivers for the video card.

Originally posted by bud:
Some time ago I have written big graphical demo using OpenGL. Under Win 98 it runs just fine, but under Win XP it almost always crashes. The initialization code is based on NEHE tutorials. I’ll be pleased if you can post any directions about what can be wrong(actually I have no idea, so no further details this time) and eventually how to fix it.

of course I’ve tried latest drivers on MANY configurations. One more thing I forgot - demo is written in C++ with VC++ 6.0

Hi,

Windows XP has better memory protection and shows up different crashes.
You can tell a lot from the type of crash.
Try searching online for your returned error code and message. You’ll get a good description.

Visual Studio .NET has a runtime checker that is excellent and shows up many memory smashes.

Every time a new OS comes out you tend to find new problems !

greg