process keep running

I’ve just started with openGL and because I don’t like MS that much I’m using gcc in cygwin as a compiler.
Everything works BUT when I close the “openGL window” the process keeps running and I have to type CTRL-C in the cygwin terminal window where I executed the program.
Any suggestions???

It’s probably not an OpenGL-related problem. There are a couple of things I can think of offhand that would keep it running.

[ul][li]Using multiple threads and leaving one running[*]If using the Win32 API for creating your window, not processing the WM_DESTROY message correctly so that it then generates a WM_QUIT message, or worse yet, not exiting your MessagePump loop on a WM_QUIT message.[/ul][/li]

[This message has been edited by Deiussum (edited 01-07-2004).]

Do you mean when you use GLUT to open a window or native windows code?

There is a bug with GLUT that cuases that problem if you click on the X to close a window.

Originally posted by ajaramil:
I’ve just started with openGL and because I don’t like MS that much I’m using gcc in cygwin as a compiler.
Everything works BUT when I close the “openGL window” the process keeps running and I have to type CTRL-C in the cygwin terminal window where I executed the program.
Any suggestions???

Originally posted by nexusone:
[b]Do you mean when you use GLUT to open a window or native windows code?

There is a bug with GLUT that cuases that problem if you click on the X to close a window.

[/b]

Yes. I’m using glut. What else can I use to avoid the bug?

try the SDL library, www.libsdl.org

Originally posted by ajaramil:
Yes. I’m using glut. What else can I use to avoid the bug?