ARB_EXTENSIONS

Hi,
I’d like to know if my system support multitexturing. I code

glGetString(GL_ARB_multitexture);

and it return (NULL). Is it correct command?
Thanks

you have to call glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS); in return you’ll get a string which contains all extensions that your driver supports, so you have to find the substring GL_ARB_multitexture in this string.

I’d like to know if my system support multitexturing. I code

code:
glGetString(GL_ARB_multitexture);

and it return (NULL). Is it correct command?

No. See the reference page of this function:
http://www.opengl.org/documentation/specs/man_pages/hardcopy/GL/html/gl/getstring.html
-Ehsan-

Here’s a code that will check the extension:

//Global Variable
PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD2FARBPROC glMultiTexCoordARB = 0;

char extList = (char)glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS);

if (extList && strstr(extList, “GL_ARB_multitexture”))
{
// get the address of the extension
glMultiTexCoord2fARB = (PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD2FARBPROC) wglGetProcAddress(“glMultiTexCoord2fARB”);
}

i assume your “No” refers to mickey’s post -not mine :slight_smile:

I edited my post :wink:

Originally posted by RigidBody:
you have to call glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS); in return you’ll get a string which contains all extensions that your driver supports, so you have to find the substring GL_ARB_multitexture in this string.
My system doesn’t support OpenGL; (the string you say doesn’t appear). What does it mean? My hardaware doesn’t support Multtexturing or my software? Can I resolve this and using multitexturing within my application? thanks.

ARB_multitexture is now full part of GL core, so you don’t need to get the extension. Or maybe you have a very old driver with a very old card.

Originally posted by jide:
ARB_multitexture is now full part of GL core, so you don’t need to get the extension. Or maybe you have a very old driver with a very old card.
yes, my card is old. GeForce II MMX400. Is this th problem?

If you don’t have the string multitexture in the extension list, this might mean that you don’t have multitexture… But Geforce2, as far as I can remember do support them.

take a look at this

maybe you should download the latest driver from nvidia.