Quartz2D or OpenGL

Hello,
I want to antialias basic shapes like polygons,lines etc. Should I use OpenGL or quartz2D API ? I need to do this on windows platform too and I have been recommended to use GDI+ which ofcourse is not available on MAC. I have read somewhere that OpenGL is good only for working on 3D objects :-(. So should I use Quartz2D because my obejcts are 2D ?

regards
Kapil

While openGL is based on doing 3D graphics, you still can do 2D graphics with it. It just does not have all the features of a 2D API. But shapes are easy to make, with a little math complex shape also.
If you want to be platform independent, then openGL is the way to go.

Originally posted by ksharma:
[b]Hello,
I want to antialias basic shapes like polygons,lines etc. Should I use OpenGL or quartz2D API ? I need to do this on windows platform too and I have been recommended to use GDI+ which ofcourse is not available on MAC. I have read somewhere that OpenGL is good only for working on 3D objects :-(. So should I use Quartz2D because my obejcts are 2D ?

regards
Kapil[/b]

if you want a cross-platform 2 library, have a look at sdl.
it’s fast, free, has a lot of features (far exceeding simple 2d graphics) and runs on a lot of platforms.