Multi-texturing

Hey everyone,

I’m having some problems regarding mult-texturing. I have a simple object that I want to be able to apply 2 textures to. I have managed to get one texture applied to this object, and I have the code set up so that it will mult-texture.

The problem is that once I apply two textures to the object, I loose all lighting in the scene (I think this is what is happening.) Once I remove multi-texturing, the object is then black and I can’t seem to figure out what is happening. I have tried to re-enable the lighting and also disable both textures but this does not seem to be working.

This is the code that I used to set up my textures

glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB);
		glBindTexture (GL_TEXTURE_2D, m_worldTextures[0]);
		glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
		glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE);

glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB);
		glBindTexture (GL_TEXTURE_2D, m_worldTextures[1]);
		glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
		glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE);
		glDisable(GL_LIGHTING);

I tried using this code to turn off both textures:

glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE2);
		glDisable( GL_TEXTURE_2D );
		glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE1);
		glDisable( GL_TEXTURE_2D );

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing the problem, or any links to information that might be helpful?

Thanks
Danielle

you’re not selecting the correct texture units in your disabling code block (just a head’s up).

do you have other objects in the scene?
render a lit cube or something after the multi textured object…if the cube isn’t lit, then you haven’t re-enabled lighting.

thanks,

it was that I wasn’t selecting the correct texture units for disabling! It was causing such a headache and it was so simple…lol

again, thank-you!
Danielle