link error--"invalid file or disk full"

Ok guys, I’ve posted quite a few messages about linker errors in the past week. I have no idea what happened to my computer, since everything was working fine 2 weeks ago. ANYway, now i’ve got everything supposedly set up like it was, but now I’m getting this error when i link: “invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x39d522ff”–the error is talking about my “glut32.lib” file. I know my disk is not full because I’ve got over a gig free space on my hard drive, and I’ve tried 2 or 3 different glut32.lib’s. Anyone know what might be the problem??

I had this kind of problem with borland C++ builder 5, I don’t know if it will be the same for you, about me the error was generated because i used 2 files : one for global vars, and the other one for the code.
the linker crash and tell me that there were not enough disk-space : the obj-file is in read-only and can’t be modified. So reboot, delete the obj-file and rebuild the project.
I hope you understood and your problem will be resolved.

Im not sure quite what you mean by obj vars and stuff. I did restart my computer and deleted all the files VC creates when it builds, but still got the same error. I am completely frustrated!!!

Your lib file is likely incompatible. Did you recently change compliers or glut distribution? Either way, you can download the glut source code and compile it. That will produce a lib file you can use. Or, if you can get the glut32.def file from the source code, you can use it with the lib program to make a new glut32.lib file.

I’ve seen the same error when trying to link a VC 6.0-generated lib with VC 5.0. It’s a non-friendly way of telling you that it doesn’t like the .lib file format.