PDA

View Full Version : link error--"invalid file or disk full"

JtheKing
11-02-2001, 09:11 AM
Ok guys, I've posted quite a few messages about linker errors in the past week. I have no idea what happened to my computer, since everything was working fine 2 weeks ago. ANYway, now i've got everything supposedly set up like it was, but now I'm getting this error when i link: "invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x39d522ff"--the error is talking about my "glut32.lib" file. I know my disk is not full because I've got over a gig free space on my hard drive, and I've tried 2 or 3 different glut32.lib's. Anyone know what might be the problem??

Nivek
11-02-2001, 01:09 PM
I had this kind of problem with borland C++ builder 5, I don't know if it will be the same for you, about me the error was generated because i used 2 files : one for global vars, and the other one for the code.
the linker crash and tell me that there were not enough disk-space : the obj-file is in read-only and can't be modified. So reboot, delete the obj-file and rebuild the project.
I hope you understood and your problem will be resolved.

JtheKing
11-02-2001, 02:58 PM
Im not sure quite what you mean by obj vars and stuff. I did restart my computer and deleted all the files VC creates when it builds, but still got the same error. I am completely frustrated!!!!

DFrey
11-02-2001, 04:07 PM
Your lib file is likely incompatible. Did you recently change compliers or glut distribution? Either way, you can download the glut source code and compile it. That will produce a lib file you can use. Or, if you can get the glut32.def file from the source code, you can use it with the lib program to make a new glut32.lib file.

11-02-2001, 04:51 PM
I've seen the same error when trying to link a VC 6.0-generated lib with VC 5.0. It's a non-friendly way of telling you that it doesn't like the .lib file format.