C++ wrappers for GL functions?

Hi all,

In C++, typing “3f” or “3fv” after “glVector” is just silly. What are my options for C++ wrappers to OpenGL? I’m working under Win32, Visual C++ if that matters.

Thanks,
Spanky

You could write your own

You don’t know how many times I’ve done that for other APIs…

…or how much I loved programming under BeOS, where the API to the OS is C++.

Well OpenGL is a C API not C++ so get over it.

If you hate typing that much then write your own rappers.

For me I prefer the way it is, because I know I’m using the correct function for what I want.

> Well OpenGL is a C API not C++ so get over it.

Actually, OpenGL is a binary API. You can write wrappers/headers for it in any language. As the spec points out.

Alright! Let’s do the COBOL API! How about a PL/1 or AS/400 API? (Hehehehe… now THAT would be fun :slight_smile: )

'Panky,

I don’t really know beans about this, but I think that part of the beauty of OGL is that it fits so nicely into your own methods of your own classes. I mean, nobody looks at my MyBGLView::drawX() but me… Inside there, I don’t really mind mucking around with the 3f’s or 3fv’s because they’re contained.

“Actually, OpenGL is a binary API. You can write wrappers/headers for it in any language. As the spec points out.”

It’s still a C API that is distributed in a binary form (normally), the exposed interface is C exposed via the headers.

What about OpenGL for other languages then, like BASIC, FORTRAN? Binding for several languages exists, including C. C just happen to be one of the more used languages.