Opengl Sdk?

I am new with opengl so i was wondering whether their is an Opengl Sdk like the DirectX Sdk?If yes where can i download it?

There not really a SDK like that of DirectX, most compilers come with the lib’s to create an opengl program. Example if Microsoft VC++ has the base opengl lib’s already installed, all you need to do is add the library’s to your linker settings.

You can download PDF files of the opengl documetation.

Originally posted by Antony:
I am new with opengl so i was wondering whether their is an Opengl Sdk like the DirectX Sdk?If yes where can i download it?

http://developer.nvidia.com/

Good stuff…

You don’t need an SDK to make OpenGL programs, at least in C/C++. All of your header files should be in your INCLUDE/GL folder of your compiler: GL.H, GLU.H, and GLAUX.H.

GLAUX.H is now obsolete and has been replaced by GLUT.H though.

The sdk may not be for developing opengl…
But it has good examples…

And you are right Nex, opengl lib comes with the OS.

I am not sure what he is asking for… But an opengl sdk is available where I sent him to…

From what i 've read opengl doesnt have a sound sdk like directsound for dx8.In that case what are you using.You think i should turn to dx8 instead since it has everything?i have been told that dx8 might have everything but it is very difficult in coding.Opengl though is very easy in coding.

OpenGL only handles graphics. If you want a sound library, you’d have to use something like FMOD or OpenAL, in addition to OpenGL. You can use DirectSound and OpenGL together, though, with the caveat that your program will only run on Windows.