OpenGL 2.0

Anyone know when it is set to be released… an approximate date will do, because i havent been able to find out any info on this.

The situation is not very clear. Perhaps because we are in the middle of a revolution or is it a war for world dominace?

It is not absolutley certain that OpenGL 2.0 will be released in the near future. I think NVidia wants to have the high level shader language seperate from OpenGL and update the core OpenGL with their own extensions. Their vision is to let OpenGL be a low level library.

I do think that releasing OpenGL 1.4 and perhaps also 1.5 has been decided. The big news should be the promotion of some of nvidias extension to ARB status. If I remember right will their vertex program extension be in 1.4.

Lets hope its as soon as possible… coz i want OpenGL 2.0 to stick it to dx9 and dx8 good :slight_smile:
God, was trying to start learning d3d today, omg, the code is sooo long as messy compared to OpenGL… ugh

There has been sightings of an early-alpha-OpenGL2 driver from 3DLabs (for their high-end hardware) in the Advanced Programming forums.

Looks like far away for consumer hardware though.