UUID.lib

Trying to use the glaux library to import textures, I found I had to find one that was BCC compatible. Now that I have one that is supposedly so, the linker keeps saying it can’t find UUID.LIB. I have no clue what this is or where it comes from. There doesn’t seem to be much online about it. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you read this forum you will find that it is good to not use the glaux library, because it is not supported.

There are other routines out there for loading textures.

nehe.gamedev.net has other user routines for doing this.

You can also look at other graphics library that have this feature.

Originally posted by mentalrotation04:
Trying to use the glaux library to import textures, I found I had to find one that was BCC compatible. Now that I have one that is supposedly so, the linker keeps saying it can’t find UUID.LIB. I have no clue what this is or where it comes from. There doesn’t seem to be much online about it. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

nehe.gamedev.net is where I have been going for tutorials. The texture mapping tutorial on NeHe uses glaux. I’ll try looking for something else. Thanks for your help.

Not all of his tutors uses the glaux, he uses it in the first few texture tutors to make it simple.

Later he shows how to load textures with a custom routine.
He also has other versions of each tutor.

Originally posted by mentalrotation04:
nehe.gamedev.net is where I have been going for tutorials. The texture mapping tutorial on NeHe uses glaux. I’ll try looking for something else. Thanks for your help.

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 06-12-2003).]

K, I’ll look into it. Thanks!