3D scrolling

Hi,
Can someone point me in the right direction towards building a 3D scrolling app? I know that I should be able to do this from the programming guide, but I’m getting anxious, and making cubes spin is fun(lol) but I want to be able to “walk around” the shapes I’m making. I am polishing up on my algebra, but can someone give me a hint? Or perhaps point me to a relevent chapter in the Red Book? I know that “motion = redraw + swap”, but how can I make it so that I can “walk up” to my spinning cube, tetrahedron, etc?
Should I use gluPerspective(), glOrtho(), or glFrustum(), and somehow get the glutSwapBuffer() function to perform the redraws? Unngh, I’m so lost.
Thanks for any assistence.

I’m pretty new to OpenGL but from what I understand, using gluLookAt() would be ideal for this kind of application. As for a viewing plane, I would recommend gluPerspective because it is relatively easy to set up. Just remember to translate your objects into the viewing area, because they will start “behind” you! Hope something I said helps

-AsylumX

Thanks, I’m gonna look into that now.