Unresolved Externals

I always get them when I try to compile (every glut…-function, e. g. glutInit ). And I DID include the header files windows.h and glut.h . What the ")§( am I screwing up?
I am using BC++ 5.0 on a win32 platform.

[This message has been edited by Wolfling (edited 01-30-2001).]

You need to link the GLUT library.

Sounds like a good idea, but how to do so? In MSVC++ there was a nice options page, but I can’t find anything similar in my compiler.

Ups - I found out. Gotta do it by HAND! No comfortable use-this-and-this-and-that - page included…

I am getting those, but not on my normal glut stuff, on readBmpFile(). . . I dono whats wrong.

Is readBMPFile() your own function? Is it an unresolved external or something to the effect that it is already defined in module x.

If it’s an unresolved external, you do not have the source file or library that actually implements the function.

If it says that it’s already defined, you probably have it in multiple source files, or a header that is shared by multiple source files.

These are the two most common causes of linker errors. Without more specific info, I can’t really say the exact cause of yours.