GLUT mouse operations lag?

The keyboard calls seem to register immediately but at 30fps, the mouse calls seem to lag about 2 or 3 frames behind. Shouldn’t I be able to render a cursor in an GLUT window right under the system cursor? All my programs do this. WinXP, Win98. I’m using glutPassiveMotionFunc() to grab coordinates.

Yes I know what you mean. I haven’t been able to solve the problem my self, but you can hide the system cursor and just draw your own cursor. I don’t think you can notice a lag with this. Search in the glut specification on how to hide the cursor. (probably glutSetCursor(GLUT_CURSOR_NONE); but it’s been a while since I last used it)
Remember to have a couple of variables to update the cursor position. Also you will need both glutMotion and glutPassiveMotion as calling the first exludes the other and vice versa. So for constant updating you need to check both functions. Post again if you need any clarifications

Right, its possible it will be less noticeable if the system cursor isn’t visible. But I’m worried that the mouse lag in a first person perspective will give people headaches.